Rowland & Petroff has extensive expertise in transnational business practice and cross-border commercial transactions. The firm’s ability to handle transnational legal matters is enhanced by the multilingual capabilities and legal background of its U.S. and European attorneys. The principal attorneys of the firm hold advanced law degrees in the area of international law and maintain extensive cooperating relationships with foreign law firms and financial institutions. Our attorneys are fluent in English, German, and French.
The firm represents non-U.S. clients seeking legal services in connection with transactions or other legal matters with a nexus to the United States and U.S.-based clients in transactions or other legal matters outside the United States, particularly Europe, Canada and Mexico.
- Recovery of artworks on a worldwide basis.
- Advising European companies and non-profit organizations with subsidiary operations in North America on corporate organizational matters, corporate governance, commercial transactions, finance, import/export issues, employment-related issues, and leasing of equipment or real property.
- Advising European individuals or other foreign nationals investing privately in U.S. real estate or other private investment vehicles.
- Representing European financial institutions in credit and corporate transactions in the U.S., as well as advising these financial institutions in broad-based syndicated credit facilities, restructure agreements involving cross-border collateral, and multi-jurisdictional bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advising U.S. clients on outbound transactions liasing with their foreign counsel in matters and proceedings outside of the United States.